Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Final Countdown

It’s late Tuesday night, just about to be early Wednesday morning. In 12 hours I’ll be on a plane. Then, after spending 22 hours in the air and 3 hours in Tokyo, I’ll finally be in Taiwan. It’ll be about midnight on Thursday (Taiwan time, noon in NY) at that point. (Since daylight savings time, the world clocks on the right have become pretty much obsolete, assuming you know the difference between AM and PM.)

Right now I’m considering pulling an all-nighter for a few reasons: in 36 hours, my entire life will be reversed; sunrise will be when sunset usually is and I’ll be drinking orange juice instead of beer while watching hockey games. Staying up all night would hopefully give me a head start on the ultimate jetlag time difference. Also, if I try to stay awake all night, I’ll be pretty damn tired come time to board the plane and The more time in the air I spend sleeping the better.


All right, I’m convinced. I’ll try to stay up.

No comments: