Thursday, October 20, 2011

Parenting Awards

Can you think of a word to describe a person who has the following thought process:




"I will wear a helmet when I drive, or am the passenger on a scooter because I am aware of the fact that my brain is in my head, and despite exposing the rest of my body while moving at high speeds on this open vehicle, I at least want to protect a very important and vulnerable organ.


"I will wear a surgeon mask when I drive, or am the passenger on a scooter because I am aware of the fact that the air in Taipei City, especially on the roads, is full of carbon dioxide and nitrogen, and these things not only increase my risk of respiratory problems and cause other health issues (especially in children whose lungs are still developing), but they downright stink.

"However......

"Please give me a helmet!!!"
"My child does not need to wear a helmet or a mask.


 "My child can stand on the front of the scooter, where even a soft     fender bender will send my child's teeth into the dashboard."

"We'll save on dentist bills if she doesn't have teeth!"


2 comments:

Coco Tai said...

May I just say, I LOVE THIS POST! Every time I'm in Taiwan, I see so many dumbasses on motor scooters! Don't even get me started on the fact that they think headlights on tiny scooters isn't necessary >.<

Johnny said...

Yes, there are many dumbasses. So many that for your own safety, you should assume that everyone on a scooter is a dumbass! I just recently ditched my scooter for a bicycle, so I'm allowed to say that now :)